Thursday, December 20, 2007

Food for the Holidays

To say that I enjoy food could be the understatement of the century. For those who know me, know that I enjoy all styles and economic categories of food, from the whole in the wall out of the way to the 5 star internationally renowned. So it should not come as a surprise that I am eating my way through my holiday. My first purchase upon arriving in London was a Mars bar -- this is the British version of a Milk Way. . . . . although the chocolate is creamier, the caramel a touch richer and all around yummy good. My next treat was a sausage roll from the bakery, plus a cream donut and a chocolate éclair. After a morning of Christmas shopping with my aunt and cousin we swung round to the chip shop. My treat was a big plate of fish and chips, of course we had to have some curry sauce to dip the chips in. (Oh, chips are the British version of steak fries).
(Okay rabbit trail) Only being here a day I still get a laugh out of how much the English like hearing an American accent. Especially since I am in a small town where Americans are few and far between. What is most amusing is when they find out I live in Los Angeles they ask me if I know one of their friends who lives there. I do have a lot of friends but I simply can’t know all 12 million in the greater Los Angeles area. LOL.
Okay, back to my food fest. We then had to have a snack of toast and pâté with a cup of tea. Although mine could be better described as sugar with some tea in it. I do have a rather large sweet tooth. Supper was potatoes, peas, and sausages and end the day with a Mars Bar Ice cream. As you can imagine it is the same as described above but trade out the nougat for rich vanilla ice cream. Oh yes……..Mmmmmmmm. So I have two more weeks of food exploration. With a trip to Switzerland and France I am hoping to find new taste sensations for my palate. And I promise to do my best to explain and describe the new and unusual culinary sensations to the best of my abilities. More later. . .

No comments: