Monday, March 17, 2008

Venice Beach

You know those people who live in a place where are the tourist go and never see the sights themself. Well, when it comes to Venice Beach......that was me. I have lived here in Sun Southern California for 11 years and never set foot on Venice Beach. I had heard it was a place where there were a bunch of weird people, cheap t-shirts and sun glass, and tattoo parlors. Though an interesting sight to see I thought not a place I cared to go.



That is until my best friend and his wife came into town last week. They were both appalled, being ex-So Californians, that I had never been to Venice Beach. So Friday I took the day off work and we headed to Venice Beach. I was promised a show of strange individuals, cheap souvenirs, and funnell cake. I must admit I was most excited about the possibility of Funnel Cake.



Well, we saw some sights and I soaked up the culture. I resisted the temptations of cheap souvenirs and sun glasses but was sucked in by the tattoo's and after very little prompting took my place among the ink branded. My mom would be so proud.



1 comment:

Tom Pilarski said...

Ah Haaa, I have foundeth you!

Suzi