Tuesday, January 8, 2008

McDonald's Hot Apple Pie

I must confess that I was deeply saddened years ago when McDonald's stopped deep fat frying their apple pies and introduced the baked ones. There was something about that crispy fried bubble exterior and the hot luscious apple pie filling center. It forever ruined my McDonald's dining experience. Until, that is, I began traveling overseas and to my delight I found that the McDonald's in every other country but the good ole US of A still deep fried the bad boys.



So while I was in Cambridge, England doing some antique book shopping I spotted out of the corner of my eye that American icon..........yes.......the golden arches. My heart leapt within me and I knew that soon and very soon I would have that wonderful Hot Deep Fried Apple Pie goodness. The strange thing was that I felt the most American in the middle of England when I was eating my deep friend apple pie.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I must confess that when I was in Israel, McD's was a great American pick-me-up. Even kosher McDonalds helped to counteract the flourescent potatos and weird fish (with head STILL ATTCHED!) :)